The 16 Days of Activism for No Violence against Women and Children Campaign is a United Nations campaign which takes place annually from 25 November (International Day of No Violence against Women) to 10 December (International Human Rights Day). You can help by becoming an activist in your homes, communities, work and positions. Challenge cultures and practices that perpetuate gender inequalities and consequent abuse of women and children at a personal and societal level. You can play your part by:
- Rejecting and Reporting abusers!
- Do not protect abusers, report them!
- Challenge and denounce cultural practices that perpetuate gender inequalities.
- Be sensitive and supportive to GBV victims – share helpful information and support causes near you.
- Seek personal help to change harmful behaviours such as alcohol and substance abuse.
- Teach children values of gender equality.
- Protect children from exposure to violence and harmful situations.
- Develop policies that prevent and deal with gender based violence in your sector, workplace and communities.
Together, let us take actions to support the 16 Days of Activism for No Violence against Women and Children campaign.