The Rural Metro Emergency Management Team recently seen demonstrating to the public how to extinguish a house on fire in Molepolole.

Shift Leader Mr Keatametse Kedibonye (Not in the picture) said it was important for the public to be taught how to extinguish fires in order for them to be able to remain calm and cautious when caught up in such a situation.

He urged residents to avoid getting close up to dangerous or explosive objects such as gas cylinders while in the fire extinguishing process.

Photo by Nthabiseng Modise

Story sent in by Chief Fire OfficerJacques Naude.