Rural Metro has a substantial staff, consisting of both Career Fire & Rescue personnel and support staff.
We currently have the following vacancies;
We seek to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced Training Manager to manage our Internationally accredited Training Centre. The individual we are looking for need to have demonstrated their skills in Management, Fire Service Experience and Education and Training Services.
Key Performance Areas
Manage the delivery of Training Courses in line with established requirements and client expectations
- Develop and implement training products
- Manage the Training College and associated activities
- Manage customer/client relationships
- Maintain accreditations associated with the industry
- Manages planning for short and long term projects
- Manages administration and course delivery in line with client quality requirements and company policies and procedures
The suitable candidate must be able to work in a high pressure environment, posses a high level of confidence, be assertive and systematic.
10 years experience as an operational Fire Fighter of which at least 5 must be at a senior level
- At Least Five years as a senior fire service instructor
- Previous Management experience will be added advantage
- B Tech / N Dip Fire Technology or studying towards it will be an added advantage
- Higher Diploma / Diploma in Fire Technology
- NFPA 1001 Qualified Fire Fighter
- NFPA 472 Hazmat Qualified First Reponder
- NFPA Hazmat Technician will be advantageous
- NFPA Accredited Fire Officer
- NFPA Accredited Fire Service Instructor
- Qualified and Registered Assessor /Moderator with LGSETA
FIRE AND RESCUE INSTRUCTORS
We seek to appoint Fire and Rescue Instructors. The individuals we are looking for need to have demonstrated their skills in Fire Fighting Instruction and will be independent thinkers who can improvise and use their initiative. They must be capable of functioning independently within the parameters provided by the employer.
· Conduct fire fighting instruction to determined international standards
· Conduct the related assessments and evaluations in terms of the relevant NFPA standards
· Submit Reports on Training and Assessment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS SET – MANDATORY
· 3 years experience as a Fire and Rescue Instructor
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS SET – PREFERRED
· 5 years experience as a Fire and Rescue Instructor
· Accredited assessor
· Fire Service Instructor NFPA 1041
If you meet the above mentioned criteria please send us a comprehensive CV and proof of qualifications and experience, with basic salary expectations.
Successful candidates will be required to attend a one week Instructor Orientation Program.
If you would like to apply for this position please download an official application form and post it to us at;
The Manager : Human Resources
Rural Metro Emergency Management Services
Suite 23, Postnet
Private Bag 9118
Or if you are perhaps interested in telling us about yourself generally, please feel free to send us a brief summary about yourself using the form below; (If you have no response to your message within 3 working days, please email the system administrator: email@example.com ).